I've decided to make a few changes since the launch of the journal. The typography I'd chosen wasn't working for me and it looked a bit too clean for what I wanted. I'm going to try adding some illustrative elements to the design and to do that I need to get out my trusty Moleskine and pencils...

This is just the initial stage of the illustration, I need to do some shading and a bit of cleaning up (if I could find an eraser). I've got some cool ideas in my head for how I want these illustrations to work on the site so fingers crossed I can pull it off.

Until then be sure the check out my Flickr stream as I'll be posting bits and pieces up there as I go through the process.